It’s now been six months since I unveiled my 40 Before 40 list on my 37th birthday, so I thought it was about time for a check in and progress update. To date, I:
- Sponsored an elephant (#2), as a birthday present to myself in July
- Visited Seattle (#3), in August
- Completed a 10K (#5), the San Francisco Giant Race on September 7, 2014. While I waited for Brian to finish his half marathon, I got to hang out on the field, one of the perks of completing this race.
- Played tourist in home city (#6), a bit. Over Christmas, the hubs and I took my mom to Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. I definitely have some more attractions to see to check off this goal but I think Winchester was a good start.
- Exhibited my watercolor painting (#11) during August
- Wore yellow (#21), thanks to my friend, Corinne, who let me borrow her mustard wrap sweater.
- Flew in a glider. Interestingly, this one didn’t make the cut for my 40 Before 40 List because I didn’t think I’d accomplish it in the time available, but I was wrong. I found a special offer for Bay Area Glider Rides in Hollister and Brian and I each hitched a ride in November. I’m going to change up my list to reflect this success, making this #12.
So I’ve checked off just five of my 40 so far. Wow, there are a lot more to go in the next two-and-a-half years. I’m happy to have made some progress on playing tourist and I think I can knock out some of the easier ones in the coming months, including eating Peruvian food. Not sure about Scandinavian food because the Bay Area seems to have a dearth of relevant restaurants. I might have to make a pilgrimage to Ikea for some Swedish meatballs and that would just be sad… On a more positive note, Brian and I are definitely celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in May and there’s a lot more fun to be planned and had. Stay tuned for what’s next.
To stay informed about my progress, check out my original list.
What’s on your to-do list for 2015?